Dog Park Rules and Regulations
Those using the Rocky Top Dog Park should follow the rules and regulations below to keep themselves, their pet and other's safe at the park. These Rules and regulations are derived from the South BrunswickTownship Dog Park Ordinance Section 82-89 and policies developed for the management of the facility. Thank you!
Dog behavior / Supervision
- Dogs and puppies must be supervised at all times by one person over the age of 18, and be attended at all times.
- Owners are responsible for their dog's behavior and any injuries which may be caused to other animals or persons.
- All dog bites must be reported to the Health Dept at 732-329-4000, ext. 7237.
Requirements for Dogs
- Dogs must wear a collar with a current license from their town at all times while at the dog park. (South Brunswick Residents: Clerks office: 732-329-4000, ext. 7352.)
- All dogs' inoculations must be up to date including proof of current rabies and distemper combo (which may be called the DHLPP or something else depending on the vet).
- Males over 6 months must be neutered.
- Females in heat are not permitted.
- Puppies must be 6 months old.
- Younger puppies may attend the special puppy program on weekends or other special events as added.
- Dogs and puppies must be leashed when in unfenced areas.
- Dogs displaying aggressive behavior must be removed by their handler from the park immediately.
- Any dog who bites any person will not be permitted at the dog park.
- Any food containers, play items, etc, brought to the park, must be removed from the park.
- Dogs must not be fed at the park.
Requirements of People / Handlers
- Dog owners / handlers must clean up after dogs.
- Use sanitary bags (or bring your own) provided and trash receptacles for animal waste; use recycling receptacles. Please keep your dog park clean!
- Glass bottles, food and beverage containers are not permitted in gated areas.
- Age requirements:
Children under age 8 are not permitted in gated areas in the park.
Children ages 8 - 12 must be accompanied y a responsible adult.
- Users must abide by all directions, orders and commands of any Township official or officer.
- Appropriate behavior is expected at all times by all persons who use the dog park.
- Smoking, controlled substances, consuming alcohol except by permit, profanity, recklessness, disruptive behavior, trespassing, vandalism are prohibited and may be punishable by law and/ or fine.
- Please lock up or leave valuables away from view in your car or at home. South Brunswick Township is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Enjoy the outdoors and have fun with your pet!
- For dogs that do not get along,
1. Avoid going to the dog park at the same time.
2. If this cannot be avoided,
The first person who arrives has first priority to use the large area, or the area of their choice.
The newcomer must go to another area until the other dog and owner leaves.
3. If your dog becomes unruly or plays too rough, please leash him/her and leave the Park immediately, or go to the middle area only IF THERE ARE NO OTHER DOGS PRESENT, until such time that your dog is back under control and has settled down.
4. We recommend that you bring no more than 2 dogs to the park at a time as it is difficult to monitor more than 2 dogs at a time at the park.
Penalties for Violations Section 82-89
For violations of the Rocky Top Dog Park Ordinance, owners and/or adult's supervising the dog shall be subject to one or more of the following penalties:
Issuance of a violation warning notice
Issuance of a municipal court summons.
Municipal penalties not to exceed a fine of $1,000 and no use of the dog park.
No use of the dog park.
Any and all other penalties and/or fines as may
It is against Township Policy and in violation of the ordinance governing the Dog Park to allow a non paying individual to access the dog park. You can be fined or lose your rights to the dog park if you do so. Thank you!