The Social Services Department runs a Food Pantry for South Brunswick residents in need. Our Food Pantry is run entirely on donations from the generous individuals, groups, schools, churches and businesses in South Brunswick.
Effective Tuesday, April 21st, residents in need will be able to preregister and pick up food twice a week at the Municipal Building. Here are the new procedures to allow people in need to access the South Brunswick Food Pantry.
Food Pantry Drive Thru Days - Tuesdays & Thursdays 10am to 12pm.
• After you register you will receive a confirmation number which you will show on the day of your pickup.
• On your pickup day you will pull around to the rear of the building and pull up to the drive thru. Upon arriving you will show one of the employees the confirmation number from your phone or you can write it on a piece of paper and hold it up to the window.
• An employee will place the boxes in your trunk after verifying your confirmation number. Food will not be distributed without a confirmation number. Food can only be placed in the trunk.
• Please remain in your vehicle and keep your windows rolled up at all times.
• This program is for South Brunswick residents only.
• Please note we are unable to accept donations at the drive thru.
This new procedure will allow us to provide assistance while maintaining social distancing.
Income and residency verification is required for all Food Pantry clients. An application is completed and documentation is required. You can find the application and list of documents under the link "Application & Release Forms". The application can be downloaded and completed before your first visit.