Recreation Financial or Tuition Assistance - Reduced Fee Applications
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: For those families who wish to request financial assistance, we are pleased to assist:
Please complete the tuition assistance application below and return it with the requested documentation to the Director of the Department of Recreation. All information will be kept in confidence.
- Your application will not be reviewed until the documentation is received.
- Permanent Residents of South Brunswick only may apply.
- he application is for programs sponsored by South Brunswick Department of Recreation only.
- Other organizations have their own financial aid forms and policies. Please see their website or contact the office of those organizations that maintain one.
- No financial assistance is available for facility rentals, permits or the dogpark.
Please contact the office at 732 329 4000, ext. 7671 with any questions.
1. Complete Tuition Assistance Application. Provide all information and documentation requested.
a. All information is considered confidential and will be reviewed by the Department director, only.
b. It is preferred that the application and documentation be received by the office for approval prior to the registration. In this way we can credit your Community Pass account in advance.
a. Copy of one month's worth of paystubs for income earners in family.
b. Copy of most recent Federal 1040 (1st two pages).
• If your tax form shows self-employment income or business income, you must submit your entire Federal 1040, including self-employment or business income schedules. You may be required to also submit your business' balance sheet year to date.
3. Forward application and documentation to the Recreation Dept.:
a. Mail completed application and back up documentation to
• Parks and Recreation, PO Box 190, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852 Attn: Director.
b. Forms can be dropped off at our office:
• Community Center, Woodlot Park, 124 New Rd., Monmouth Junction Weekdays, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM.
d. Forms can be faxed to 732-821-2811
4. Deadline for submitting tuition assistance application and documentation (in order to hold your space in the program.)
a. Those programs not listing a deadline are due within 5 business days of online registration
b. For Camp programs: (or programs where there are multiple sessions per season):
• One session per child will be considered for financial assistance, per season only.
• Application for assistance is the Tuesday after Memorial Day Weekend in May. Requests received after that date may be denied.
5. Tuition assistance applications will not be processed or approved:
a. Until the documentation is received or if income cannot be verified.
b. If deadlines are not followed by the applicant.
c. If there are outstanding recreation fees due from your Community Pass acct.
d. If you do not reply to correspondence or emails immediately; your tuition assistance will not be approved until we hear from you and you risk losing your space in the program
6. Applicants MAY BE REQUIRED TO PAY a PARTIAL FEE if application is approved,;
a. This is due within 2 weeks of approval (unless you make other arrangements) or by the payment deadline indicated, whichever comes first; a space in the program will be held for you until this date.
b. No one may participate in a program without paying their portion of the fee.
c. If payment is a problem, or meeting any deadline date, it is up to you to contact the office.
7. Program Registration:
a. Register for the program online on Community Pass before the registration deadline.
b. If you do not have access to a computer, or need assistance registering, register in person at the Recreation office in the Community Center during business hours, weekdays or call the office.
c. When registering, for payment, click 'no payment'. This will be updated after application review.
• A due date / deadline for payment of your portion of the fee if any, will be given to you.
• We reserve the right to withdraw your registration if there is a waiting list for the program and you do not meet your financial obligation.
8. Participants approved for financial assistance who later are unable to participate in the activity (or do not show up to participate): Call or email the office to be withdrawn from the program or future financial assistance may be denied.
Click here to download and print the Tuition Assistance application. Please complete and bring to recreation department with required paperwork.