Welcome to the South Brunswick Department of Parks and Recreation
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, The S.B. Community Center is
closed to the public. All INDOOR Programs are cancelled.
When we are able to reopen, we will send an e-mail through our Community Pass Registration System and post on our Facebook and Website.
Youth and High School basketball registration is postponed until further notice
Parks, Playgrounds, Tennis Courts and Basketball Courts are open for your enjoyment.
The Rocky Top Dog Park is open!
Click Here to see a short video about the Rocky Top Dog Park
Walking trails around South Brunswick
- The Freedom Trail walking and bikeway is an ongoing open space and park development project for which the goal is to link parks and open space areas throughout the Township ultimately creating a bikeway system. The following links have been completed:
- Kingston Freedom Trail: From Heathcote Park to the D&R Canal. Click here for directions -
- Monmouth Junction Freedom Trail: New Road to Stouts Lane along the abandoned rail line. Click here for directions ; Click here for video
- Walking trails at Woodlot Park: An eagle scout has marked 3 trails through the wood behind Woodlot Park. The trail head is located next to field 3 (the furthest field from the Community Center, by the sledding hill). Trail maps are also available at the Community Center (knock on our door and ask for one). Click Here for a short video
- The Sondek Park Nature Trail: The rail head is located at the back of the park, near the entrance for brush drop off. Click here for a short video
- Davidson's Mill Pond Park: Take a walk at Davidson's Mill Pond Park in South Brunswick. This Park is part of the Middlesex County Park System. Click here for a short video
All South Brunswick Township municipal Tennis Courts will be open for play on a first come, first serve basis. Please continue practicing social distancing and no gathering of crowds will be allowed. The Township Tennis Courts will be monitored to make sure all residents are adhering to the Governor's guidelines.
Thank you for your cooperation.
All programs in the Community Center are cancelled until further notice.
These programs include Adult Co-Ed Volleyball, Men's Over 30 and Men's Over 40 Basketball, all open gym programs, scheduled meetings, after school programs, evening and weekend children's programs (such as Jr. Chef, Bricks4Kidz, KidzArt, US Sports) and Special Needs Youth and Adult programs and trips.
Many of our sponsored programs are holding Virtual Programs. Please go to their links on our "Local Program" page.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation in town and
make any changes that may be necessary.
If you need any further assistance, please call the Recreation Office at 732-329-4000, x7671 Thank you for your cooperation.
For CLOSINGS due to Inclement Weather,
please call our tape at
(732) 329-4000, x7686 after 4 PM on Weekdays
and 7 AM on Weekends.
TAX ID # 22-600-2306
For Recreation Department questions:
Phone: 732-329-4000, x7671