Coming Back in Spring of 2021
If you plan on coming to any of the walks, we ask that one family member register on Community Pass so that we can contact you in the event of a weather cancellation
(NOTE: you need to register once for the program, not for every walk)
(NOTE: While leashed dogs are permitted on the trails, we ask that you do NOT bring dogs on these program walks)
Walk! South Brunswick is a free, family program with a focus on walking the trails in South Brunswick and the surrounding area.
This program is for people of all ages! However, parents must accompany their children as it is not a "drop off" program.
Join us for as many of the walks as you wish. If you plan on coming to any of the walks, we ask that one family member register on Community Pass so that we can contact you in the event of a weather cancellation or with other imporant program information. Click here to go to Community Pass
Participants are responsible for transportation to the trails. Family groups will remain 6 feet apart and participants will be required to wear a mask whenever the group stops to hear information if they cannot social distance. There are no age restrictions as long as the child can walk the hike.
The walks will be 2-3 miles in length.
Each walk will last about 2 hours (depending on the walk) and begin around 9am.
Shown below are tentative program dates and trails (weather pending).
On the Monday before each date shown below, we will post the location of the next walk on this website. Those who are registered will also receive an e-mail.
Walk Dates (weather pending):
- September 26 - Woodlot Park – Pond loop (1.5 miles) - COMPLETE
- October 10 - Sondek Park Nature Trail (1.25 miles) - COMPLETE
- October 17 - Heathcote Meadows preserve and Historic Bridge (2 miles) - COMPLETE
- October 24 - Davidson's Mill Pond Park and Earth Center (2.5 miles)- COMPLETE
- November 7 - Princeton Nursery to D&R Canal Hike (2 miles) - COMPLETE
- November 21 - Ireland Brook Park (2.7 miles) - COMPLETE
December 12 - Sourland Mountain Preserve (2.8 miles) - COMPLETE