Only Public Works
Only Police
Only Recreation
Only Seniors
Entire Site

Water Division FAQ's

Is the water in South Brunswick fluoridated?

Yes. As of December 2002, the amount is 1 part per million or 1 milligram per liter. If you need this information for your pediatrician, please let the pediatrician know so he/she can make decisions regarding your child.

When I call for a markout, where does the township mark my water & sewer?

The township is not responsible for the line that runs on your property. We will only markout at the curb.

What should I do if I see water coming up in my road?

It might be the beginning of a water main break. Please call 732-329-4000 extension 7256, or 7270. If it is on a weekend, you should call the police at (732) 329-4646 (not 911) and they will send someone to check it out.

What is the pink film in my sink, shower, or toilet?

This is not from your water. It is a naturally occurring airborne bacteria. It usually occurs in high, humid areas. What to do: Cleaning & Flushing with chlorine or Clorox will help control these problems.

If I am putting up a fence, planting trees, installing a pool, or doing any digging on my property, must I contact you?

Yes. You must call 1-800-272-1000 before you dig (It is the law). If you do not call and you hit a line, such as Public Service Gas, you could be responsible for the repair. There is no cost to you - it only protects you.

What are those colored flags and paint marks that utility companies put on the area in front of my house?

All utility companies in New Jersey are required to mark any underground lines they have in an area of future excavation. It means someone plans to dig in the area in the next few days. The colors reflect different utility lines as follows:

  Communication CATV
  Temporary Survey Markings
  Proposed Excavation

Why do my pipes in the wall bang when I flush my toilets?

Check your toilet flush valve for a leak and/or check your pressure reducer. Make sure they are working properly.

Why do I have low water pressure?

It could possibly be a defective water pressure reducer.

Why do I have white particles in my water?

The temperature in your hot water tank is set too high, which causes mineral break downs that cause the white particles to form. These particles can gather in the screens of your aerators on your faucets, which you will need to take apart and clean or replace.Remember to lower the temperature on your hot water heater.

Are there any water restrictions in South Brunswick Township?

South Brunswick Township does not have mandatory water restrictions. However, the state of New Jersey can impose restrictions if necessary. The current status of water restrictions can be viewed on the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) website: or by calling the New Jersey Drought Hotline: 1-800-4-ITS-DRY (1-800-448-7379).

Utilities Dept.
Water Division EXT 7270

Brian Fusco, Supervisor
Sewer Division EXT 7270
Scott Cevera, Supervisor
Water & Sewer Collections
Deepti Shah, Supervisor
x7331 Office Hours:
Monday to Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm for Billing.